Friday, September 19, 2008

Alfie the Apostrophe

A friend of mine who works at a library and knows about my love for punctuation, especially apostrophes, and my interest in children’s literature recently bought me a children’s book as a present. Called Alfie the Apostrophe, it is by Moira Rose Donohue and illustrated by JoAnn Adinolfi.

Little Alfie is in a talent show and he wonders how he can possibly compete with the exclamation points and question marks and commas (some wonder if he isn’t just an upside-down comma himself!) and the rest of the gang. You’ll have to read the book to see if Alfie the Apostrophe’s magic show wins him first place!

A fun book for any children and/or punctuation-fans you may know!

1 comment:

Moira R Donohue said...

Oh, thanks for the kind words about Alfie - I'm glad you enjoyed it. Check out my blog sometime - I have a couple of articles about punctuation and some tips for teaching it!